Search for content in message boards

ST. Josephs home for the friendless

Replies: 1

ST. Josephs home for the friendless

nelllpivo (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2010 4:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was placed in this orphanage at the age of 9 or 10, I cant quit remember. I lived there for close to two years.
I beleive this orphange was somewhere in Chicago. I have memories of being near railroad tracks and close to a park and a shopping center. I also remember visiting another orphanage called Angel Guardian, which I believe was pretty close to us. I believe that I was in the orphanage from around 1961 to 1963. I often wonder about the friends that I made and what became of them. The nuns were strict but it was a home for many that didn't have one. We all slept in dorms in which a sister would read to us every night. We had picnics and performed for performaces for family. I actually wanted to become a nun. Every Sunday we watched a movie and had ice cream, it was a big treat for all. We had dolls and toys to play with. The only thing negative I can remember is being paddled because I talked while we were waiting in line to go into the bathroom. They had some strict rules when it came to silence when all was lined up either for dinner or a shower, etc. I think I actually kicked a nun. Well anyway, this is all I can remember
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nelllpivo 26 Jan 2010 11:34PM GMT 
bogie346 17 Apr 2010 2:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions