Funderburk History Royality

Replies: 3

Funderburk History Royality

Tuck479 (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2011 12:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2011 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: funderburk
Does anyone know exactly where/how the Berg line of royalty ended? So it appears that most of the Funderburks in the US descended from Adolph Von Der Berg and the Princess Elizabeth Anna and their child John was in line for the crown. My question is, why was he "in line for the crown" and not already wearing the crown since he descends from the House of Berg? I guess I would like to know where this John's crown inheritance ended, was it at William VII of Jülich, 1st Duke of Berg whose sons Adolf, Duke of Jülich-Berg and William VIII of Jülich, Count of Ravensberg took over the crown? They say that Adolph Von Der Berg (John's father) is a descendant of Adolf, (Adolf, Duke of Jülich-Berg) but it appears that this Adolf had no heirs so the above mentioned William, Duke of Jülich-Berg who was Adolf's brother, this William's son Gerhard VII, Duke of Jülich-Berg inherited the crown. Is this where our John's line split from the crown? I just found this quote "He was a descendant of the parents of Adolph von der Burg, the Merchant Prince who moved his dwelling to the Rhine before 1430, and died in Cologne in 1470. The parents of the Merchant Prince ( it is known lived and died at Burg an der
Wupper, which lies at the base of t he high plateau on which the Castle Schloss Burg is located.
Adolph von der Burg, the father of the three brothers who came to America, was also about a nineteenth
generation descendant of Adolph von Ber g, who was born in 1020, the first ruler of the Bergisch Land." Would this quote be accurate?

Adolf I of Berg
Adolf II of Berg
Adolf III of Berg
Adolf IV of Berg
Count Engelbert I of Berg
Adolf VI of Berg
Irmgard of Berg and Henry IV Duke of Limburg
Adolf VII of Berg
Henry of Berg, Lord of Windeck
Margaret of Berg
Margaret of Ravensberg
William VII of Jülich, 1st Duke of Berg

1)Adolf, Duke of Jülich-Berg?
Rupert ?

2)William VIII of Jülich, Count of Ravensberg?
Gerhard VII, Duke of Jülich-Berg?
William IV of Jülich-Berg
Maria of Jülich-Berg and John III the Peaceful
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tuck479 9 May 2011 6:20PM GMT 
Tuck479 9 May 2011 8:34PM GMT 
cynlynn 19 Aug 2012 9:08PM GMT 
cynlynn 19 Aug 2012 12:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions