Search for content in message boards

Scarpitti/Iannacito from Roccasicura, Isernia, Molise

Replies: 6

Scarpitti/Iannacito from Roccasicura, Isernia, Molise

Carrie Watts (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2002 1:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scarpitti, Iannacito, Ciarlone, DiFiore, Lombardozzi
I have been researching my ggp's from Roccasicura, Molise, Italy. Antonio Scarpitti (which was somehow change to Scarpitto when he immigrated to the US) was born Dec. 23, 1863 to Vincenzo and Dolorosa diFiore (his grandfather was Crescenzo Vincenzo b. Feb 7, 1822 and his grandmother was Maria Ciarlone and his great gradfather was Antonio Scarpitti born around 1790. He married my ggm Carolina Iannacito daughter of Giovanni and Giovanna Lombardozzi on July 9, 1893. I have someone who is sending me a copy of the marriage certificate to verify the parents of Carolina. Previously I was under the assumption that she was the Carolina Iannacito born Apr. 30, 1872 to Saverio son of Raffaelle and Mariantonia Berardi. I have been told that around the time Carolina was born there were a lot of Carolina Iannacito's born so it has been hard to pinpoint which one she actually is. I do believe that she had a brother named Carmine who came to the US to see her. I have found both my ggp's on the 1910 US census and it says that Antonio came over in 1895 and Carolina in 1901, however I have had no luck in finding them in Ellis Island. I have found a Carolina Iannacito but her name has been crossed off which means she wasn't on the ship (she was joining her husband Ant. Scarpitti). I haven't been able to find anything on Antonio and have been told that most of the residents of Roccasicura came through New York. Looking for anyone else that may be researching these surnames or anyone from Roccasicura (it seems that everyone is related to everyone in Roccasicura in one way or another). Where can I find out more about Roccasicura? Also, I do know the witnesses to the marriage (Angelo diBenedetto and Guiseppe Scarpitti). Could the witnesses be related to my ggp's? Thanks. Carrie (Scarpitto) Watts

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carrie Watts 21 Oct 2002 7:03PM GMT 
michelle 7 Feb 2003 10:37PM GMT 
crwatts 31 May 2003 3:49AM GMT 
Iannacito 9 Jun 2003 9:42PM GMT 
Carrie Watts 11 Jun 2003 4:44PM GMT 
Iannacito 9 Jun 2003 9:33PM GMT 
organist001 22 Nov 2012 3:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions