GORDON, CALL, HOGUE

Replies: 1

GORDON, CALL, HOGUE

Ruth Hastie (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2006 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2006 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: GORDON, CALL, MOORE, HOGUE
I have been struggling to put together information about Zadoc GORDON, son of John Gordon (1775-1831). Zadoc has been difficult to find since Gordon family histories list him as Zedediah. But his father's will identifies him as Zadoc, the son of John Gordon and his second wife.

Zadoc (Zadock) was born about 1824 In Franklin Twp. Greene Co. In the 1850 and 1870 census, he is listed in Centre Twp and was the owner of a dry goods store. His wife was named Mary, born about 1824.

I am trying to asses whether his wife was Mary CALL, daughter of James and Sarah Ellen (HOGUE) Call. A daughter Mary is occasionally listed with this couple in other family trees. In 1850, Zadoc lived next to James and Sarah CALL in Centre Twp where James was listed as a miller. Their son John was listed next door with Zadoc and Mary. This proximity leads me to suspect that Zadoc's wife was indeed Mary Call.

In addition, Zadoc and Mary had a grandson named Lafayette CALL MOORE. Lafayette was the son of Clarinda Gordon, Zadoc's daughter, and William Hamilton Moore.

This evidence of a marriage between Zadoc and Mary Call is very circumstantial, and I am wondering if anyone has more concete information to prove or disprove my speculation.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ruth Hastie 26 Sep 2006 5:26PM GMT 
kayla_hansen05 19 Oct 2012 1:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions