Search for content in message boards

Andrew Irvin Virginia

Replies: 1

Andrew Irvin Virginia

edwirvin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2010 12:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Irvin, Irvine, Irwin, Erwin
I am looking for a direct male descendant of one Andrew Irvin/Irvine born around 1748 and who settled in Bedford county, Virginia. This Andrew married Elizabeth Mitchell around 1778? They were married in Bedford county by Rev. John Brander. Andrew owned land on Crab Orchard Creek in Bedford but moved to Kentucky in the late 1780's. After a few years in Kentucky, Andrew and family moved to Clinton county, Ohio where Andrew died. Andrew served in the Rev. War, was at the Siege of Yorktown, and was wounded in the thigh by a bursting shell. His and his widow's pension application are on Footnote. This Andrew was the great grandfather of Lucinda Boyd, who wrote "Irvines & Kin." But please, do not send me her citations of the fabled Alexander of the Trysting Tree and the Gaults and the Shaws of Ballygally Castle, ad nauseum. I believe none of it. If anyone has documented, primary source evidence of their descent from Andrew, please let me know. I would help out with the costs of DNA testing. Thanks, Edwin Dean Irvin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Anonymous 10 Sep 2010 6:02PM GMT 
GIRVINMEYER 22 Sep 2010 10:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions