Search for content in message boards

Les Craver

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

Les Craver

cantorjoeocho (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2006 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Craver
Les Craver
Les Craver 1926-2006 Les Craver - lover of life and family, lover of God, lover of ideas and a good hamburger - passed from this world into eternal life on March 25, 2006 in Austin,TX. Les was an only child, born to shopkeeping parents in Mineola, Tex., on June 19, 1926. He inherited his father's entrepreneurial spirit and began trying his hand at business while still a boy. His ventures included a lawn service, business machine sales, and insurance; but his real passion was always food. His business career was interrupted briefly during WWII while he served in the Navy. In 1967 Les opened the Hayloft Dinner Theater, the first dinner theater west of the Mississippi. For twelve years he delighted in bringing Hollywood actors and actresses to perform in an oversized barn located in a pasture near Lubbock. At the time of his death, Les was the proud and active owner of Donn's Pit Stop BBQ in Sewards Junction, north of Austin. Les loved his family dearly and will be missed deeply by them all, especially his cherished wife Geri. He was proud of his five children and eight grandchildren. Candice, the eldest, is an accomplished cellist and lives in Plano with her husband Glen and sons Brandon and Travis. Nowlin, the magician, lives in Plainview, delighting his nieces and nephews with his visits. Hil has followed in his father's footsteps and operates his own burger shop in Canyon, Texas where he lives with his wife Debra, son Chris, and daughter Amanda. Amy lives in Austin with her husband Thomas and four children, Noah, Peggy, Justus and John Patrick. Together they work in the Austin House of Prayer. Krista, the photographer, lives in Marfa and has recently opened her own catering business. Les also leaves behind one sad and spoiled cat, Cleo. Les was a member of Believers Fellowship in Leander and had many dear friends. His family would like to thank his church community and friends for all their support and prayers these past weeks. We are also thankful for everyone at Christopher House and ask that donations be made to Austin Hospice in lieu of flowers. A Celebration of Life service will be held Thursday, March 30 at 4:00 p.m. at Hope Chapel, 6701 Arroyo Seco, Austin.

Page 1 of 1

March 29, 2006
So sorry to hear of the passing of our good neighbor. He will be missed. Our hearts go out to Geri.
Linda & Clarence Haynie (Austin, TX )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 29, 2006
We are so sorry to hear of Les's passing. He was a fine neighbor - we will miss him! Geri, all our love goes out to you!
Allison Caplovitz (Austin, TX )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 29, 2006
"O death, where is your victory? Where is your sting? Thanks be to God, who has given Les the victory through Jesus Christ his Lord!"

We who are left behind grieve Les' physical absence, and look forward to being reunited to him. There will be fewer good ideas about food, restaurants, and gadgets without him! I and my children miss him very much, and of course my wife Amy (his daughter) most of all.

You can view pictures celebrating Les' life and love at www.lescraver.com.
Thomas Cogdell (Austin, TX )

March 29, 2006
I knew Les while I was living in Lubbock and was a member of the Southwest Lions Club there. I was also a frequent visitor to the Hayloft Dinner Theater. Les was always one of the most positive people I have ever met. He was always looking for the good things that were coming next. I didn't know he had moved to the Austin area, or I might have made the trip up to see him. It was a pleasure to have known him.
Bob Allen (Dripping Springs, TX )
bob@picturesperfect.com

March 29, 2006

Charles Hilburn (Garland, TX )

March 29, 2006
I am saddened at the death of my cousin Les.We had many years of visiting as we grew up. I will miss him very much.
James Hilburn (Dallas, TX )
jameshilb@sbcglobal.net

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions