"The Ancestry of Chamberlin and Grant"

Replies: 5

Re: "The Ancestry of Chamberlin and Grant"

s_wolfy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2012 6:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BREAUX, NORTON, ZEIGLER, PETERS, ROUSSEAU DE VILLEJOUIN
Pam,
Apologies for how long it has taken me to notice your request. I looked up George and Christopher PHILLIPS and found both of them alive and well in Volume Three. :)
Christopher was born in 1560, with no date of death shown. He was a vestryman of St. Margaret’s in South Raynham, county Norfolk, England. He married SUSAN BUTTERFIELD. There is no date of marriage reflected either, but I would think that record for St. Margaret’s would be the first place to look.
Obviously you know that Rev. George PHILLIPS was their son. He is the only child listed for Christopher and Susan (which seems unlikely to me but maybe…).
Rev. George PHILLIPS was apparently a rather interesting and revolutionary fellow. There are a few paragraphs that talk about his life. I would be happy to scan these and share them with you if I hear back from you. Feel free to email me at swolfy71@gmail.com. Here’s what I have on him:
Rev. George PHILLIPS
b. 1593 at St. Marytn’s, South Raynham, Norfolk, England
d. 1 July 1644 in Watertown, Mass.

m. (1) 1624, Elizabeth SARGENT, dau. Of Richard Sargent.
Ch. (3) Hannah b. about 1618 in Boxted, Essex, England (m. (1) Joseph MORSE, 1 Sept 1638, and (2) Thomas BOYDEN 3 Nov 1658). D. 3 Oct 1676
NOTE: “There is some doubt that Hannah was a daughter of Rev. George Phillips. Some genealogists believe she was his sister.
Samuel, m. Sarah Appleton
Elizabeth, m. Job Bishop
m. (2) 1631, Elizabeth, probably the widow of Capt. Richard Welden
Ch. (7) Zerubbabel, m. Ann White
Jonathan, m. Sarah Holland
Theophilus, m. (1) Bethia
(2) Mary Bennet
Annabel, died in infancy
Ephraim, died young
Obadiah, died young
Abigail, m. James Barnard
George and Elizabeth set sail for the New World on 12 Apr 1630, and arrived in Salem, Mass. 12 June 1630.

I hope this helps your search. Happy hunting!
Shawna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
swolfy 7 Jun 2008 1:13PM GMT 
psulzer47 26 Feb 2011 8:26PM GMT 
s_wolfy 25 Apr 2012 12:24PM GMT 
jimmyjohn37 20 Apr 2012 7:37AM GMT 
s_wolfy 25 Apr 2012 12:43PM GMT 
jimmyjohn37 25 Apr 2012 8:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions